Monday, June 14, 2010

Are you F*cking kidding me?


So I came across something truly spectacular today. It was an accident. I had already done my post for the week (LCD Soundsystem's Dance Yrself Clean ) when I happened across Sleigh Bells. And I mean, goddamn this group has something unique and intriguing. Upon further investigation the genre that seems to best describe them is Noise Pop; I guess I can go along with that.

The album is Treats and it has a high school cheer squad quality to it backed by driving bass beats and electric guitar; think Gwen Stefani's Holla Back Girl, but more of a punk feel with liberal amounts of distortion. Fuck Yeah, right? Right.

Check out Crown on the Ground, Infinity Guitars and the song I started with, Rill Rill. This shit is fucking Rock and Roll genius for the new generation: Emotion, intensity and genuine melodic goodness.

Take it to 11........

No comments:

Post a Comment